On March 16, the Kansas Dental Association (KDA), the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), and the American Dental Association (ADA) called upon all dentists to postpone elective procedures for the next three weeks due to the COVID-19 (or coronavirus) outbreak.
Although this is unfortunate, we understand the concerns about the spread of COVID-19. We, too, have a heightened level of concern and are taking every precaution possible to minimize the spread of the virus and assure that everyone at our Overland Park family dental office is as safe as possible from infection. Watts Family Dental will be closed until March 30. We will only see emergency dental care patients during this time.
Here are a few things our patients and their family members should know:
• Dr. Doug Watts or one of the assistants will be answering phones during regular hours.
• We are available to talk, so please reach out to us if you have questions or concerns!
• During our closure, we can only see emergency care patients. See our statement below about emergencies.
• No elective dental work will be scheduled or performed until further notice.
• Please don’t hesitate to call to schedule regular appointments for the future.
• We may have to reschedule those regular appointments if the situation persists.
• No patients will be seen if exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (see symptoms below).
What is a dental emergency?
Not every dental situation is an emergency. Tooth loss, toothache, significant tooth fracture, or abscessed tooth are all dental emergencies, and you should call the office at (913) 338-3384 immediately.
To keep us all safe, we ask that you and your family also be cautious and that you do not come to the dental office if you are experiencing any of the symptoms below:
• Shortness of Breath
Lastly, our hearts go out to anyone affected by COVID-19. We appreciate your continued trust and your cooperative effort towards maintaining the health and well-being of our community.
Doug Watts and Staff
Phone: (913) 338-3384