Here at Watts Family Dental, we always enjoy seeing our patients, and we make it a point to help them enjoy seeing us, too. We understand that nobody gets particularly excited about a trip to their dentist, but we work hard to make the experience as pleasant as possible, and to take the whole family’s oral health care needs into consideration. That’s why most of our patients return to see us at least every six months for a regular cleaning and screening. Not everyone makes it to the dentist quite as frequently, however, and for those who haven’t been to your dentist’s office in some time, you may have some questions about what to expect. Fortunately, we have a few tips to help you get the most out of your next dental visit, whether it’s to our Overland Park family dental practice or any other.
- Keep your dentist informed. Just like with any other healthcare provider, the care your dentist provides can only be as good as the information you give them. If you’ve had a change in your health (dental or otherwise), your diet, or your medications since your last visit, those things can change the way your dentist approaches your oral health care. And for those who are expecting a new addition to the family, that’s also good information for your dentist to know!
- Know what to expect. Some people suffer from dental anxiety, but even if you don’t, it’s perfectly okay to ask about what will be happening during your visit. It may be time for another round of x-rays, or your dentist may want to check up on existing crowns or fillings, so it can be good to know what you’re getting into before you arrive.
- Have questions for the dentist? Jot them down before you come in so that you don’t forget to ask. At Watts Family Dental, we’re always happy to answer any questions that you may have, whether you’re interested in ways to improve the whiteness of your teeth or in the best practices for proper brushing, flossing, or anything else.
- Ask what you can do better. Most of the time, your dentist isn’t going to be shy about telling you if you need to brush or floss more regularly, but if you have specific concerns about your ongoing oral health care practice, feel free to ask and your dentist will do all that we can to help!
- Schedule another visit. One of the best ways to get the most out of visiting your dentist is to come see us regularly for cleanings and screenings. It can be pretty easy to forget about making appointments, though, especially when the next one isn’t for six months. So schedule your next appointment whenever you are in the office. That way we can send you reminders when it’s almost time to come in, and you’ll already have the date set aside on your calendar.
Whether you come see your Overland Park dentist every six months like clockwork or haven’t been in for a while, there’s no better time than the present to call Watts Family Dental at (913) 338-3384 to schedule an appointment today!