On March 16, the Kansas Dental Association (KDA), the Kansas Department of Health and Environment…
We hope you and your family members are still staying healthy during the wind-down of the stay-at-home order related to the COVID-19 outbreak. As businesses across our county and state begin to re-engage, we want to share our plans for re-opening our office and providing dental care to our patients.
As a dental health practice, we have always adhered to strictest safety protocols in order to keep our patients and staff safe. Currently, we are gathering insight and guidance from the ADA’s Advisory Task Force for Dental Practice Recovery, to make sure measures are in place to help protect patients and staff from COVID-19 as our dental practice re-engages to provide a full range of oral health care at our Overland Park, KS office.
While some aspects of your experience may look different when you enter the Watts Family Dental office, our values and beliefs will remain the same. Oral health is an important component of overall healthcare, and like many of the essential health providers, we want to return to a place of routine care and be available for emergencies you may encounter.
Here is a look at the process moving forward:
1. Beginning immediately, we will be training and preparing to begin a soft opening of our dental office on May 4th.
2. We will be calling to reschedule missed and future appointment in the coming days and weeks.
3. There will be a pre-appointment screening process for each patient or visitor to the dental office.
4. There will be a daily staff health screening where we take staff temperature before workday begins.
5. Patients must limit companions, and the reception area will be closed to anyone who is not a patient or a guardian.
6. We are fully stocked on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and new supplies are coming.
7. We have an extensive chairside checklist for cleaning and disinfecting between each patient.
8. Depending on appointment numbers, patients may need to wait in their personal vehicles outside the dental office until the time of their appointment.
We will be responding to messages and emails soon, so thank you again for your patience!
Dr. Doug Watts and Staff
Phone: (913) 338-3384